|home||list of DS concerts||list of live songs||previous concert||next concert||contact|
August 22, 1969
THE SIR DOUGLAS QUINTET
location: open air
place: Upper Salford (Montgomery County), PA
"Philadelphia Folk Festival"
Upper Salford (near Schwenksville, Pennsylvania) is about 40 miles north of Philadelphia, PA.
Harvey Kagan - bass, background vocals
Frank Morin - percussion
Augie Meyers - organ
John Perez - drums
Doug Sahm - guitar, vocals, fiddle
- Miller's Cave
- I Wanna Be Your Mama Again
- In The Jailhouse Now
- Philadelphia Lawyer
- She's About A Mover
- introduction of the band
- This concert is released on a Japanese (?) bootleg in 2005. Beside the extremely stereo effect (music on left channel & Doug's vocals on the right channel) there are a lot of other flaws in this release/recording: dropouts, digital distortion on track 2, many level fluctuations. But the sound quality is almost excellent. (more info)
- This recording has been re-edit, remastered and fixed into an acceptable stereo version by MrKool in July 2006.
- This recording has been re-edit, remastered and fixed into a mono version by MrKool in July 2006. Some problems of the original stereo recording could be solved better by changing the recording into a mono one.
- Although the name of the festival is "Philadelphia Folk Festival" the festival took place in Upper Salford, PA (near Schwenksville, Pennsylvania). Upper Salford is about 40 miles north of Philadelphia, PA.
- The announcer was (and still is) Gene Shay.
More info about Gene Shay:
original newspaper ad